Servings: 5 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 5 (6 – 7 oz) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (about 16 oz) (I leave unpeeled), chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 2 medium fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and shallot on an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer.
- Set chicken thighs over veggie/apple layer.
- Separate any pieces of bacon