All the best produce that fall has to offer combined into one big beautiful salad! We could not love this combo of shredded kale, sweet honeycrisp apples, pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, and crispy prosciutto more. Tossed with a caramelized shallot vinaigrette, this salad is sure to become a new fall staple. Healthy, simple, delicious, and perfectly fitting for cool, crisp fall evenings.
Recipe & photo by Half Baked Harvest
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 6 | 312 kcal
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 heads kale, shredded
- 2 honey crisp apples, thinly sliced
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, toss together the pepitas, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Arrange in a single layer.
- Lay the prosciutto flat around the pepitas.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pepitas are toasted and the prosciutto is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the kale, apples, and pomegranates.
- To make the vinaigrette. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let cool slightly.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, fig preserves, and thyme.
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, tossing to combine.
- Top the salad with toasted pepitas, prosciutto, and feta. Eat and enjoy!